Woohoo! Another Halloween event is on the calendar. As mentioned previously, I’m going to start sprinkling some of these in here and there so those who are planning an October visit can have some info. <3
The Salem Witches’ Halloween Ball is always a big event, sells out quickly and has the Hawthorne Hotel jumpin’. Details per the Festival of the Dead website:
“Join Christian Day, Brian Cain, and the Witches of Salem with guests Dragon Ritual Drummers for a night of magic, music, and powerful rituals at Salem’s most magical Halloween party! Join us as in days of old when fires burned on every hilltop and Witches gathered to feast, rejoice, and cast spells for the new year!
The chill winds of Autumn whisper to Witches and welcome strangers alike who journey to Salem from around the globe to summon the spirits at Halloween. From time out of mind, Witches have used this sacred holiday to honor the dead, divine hidden secrets, and celebrate magic!
Bewitchments of the Evening
- Dance in the Grand Ballroom to pop, party, and goth by dj addambombb and laser light show.
- Feast on sumptuous hors d’oeuvres
- Be among the first 100 guests to arrive and get a gift bag designed by artist Holly Golightly and filled with magical swag!
- See into the future with a free psychic reading in Sophia’s room!
- Take your photo at our Selfie Station!
- Visit the cash bar for your favorite potion
- Immerse yourself in the rhythm of the Dragon Ritual Drummers both in a ballroom performance and, later for an intimate drumming circle upstairs.
- Enjoy entrancing ceremonial dance by Hadiya
- On the second floor, Witchdoctor Utu and the Dragon Ritual Drummers will lead rituals and magic in the old ways of Witchcraft!
- At evening’s pinnacle, cast a magic circle in the grand ballroom with Christian Day, Brian Cain, and the Salem Witches as we honor loved ones in the spirit world!
Costume Theme and Prizes
The theme for 2018 is Elements of Magic! Dress in themes of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Spirit, or elements from other traditions!
- 1st Place: $1,000 cash!
- 2nd Place: $200 Gift Certificate at HEX
- 3rd Place: Two Free 15 Minute Readings at OMEN
This event is happening on October 26th from 7:30 pm to 12:30 am. Tickets are $150.00 + transaction fee of $9.24 and available here. 21+ and ticket sales are final. The Hawthorne Hotel is located at 18 Washington Sq. W. Salem, MA 01970. Enjoy!! <3