The month of October brings new traffic routes, increased volumes on the roads, price hikes for parking garages and more. If you plan to bring your vehicle into Salem, be extra aware of these things and pay close attention. Roads may be closed, there are tourists walking the streets, etc.
This information is per Haunted Happenings which is another great resource if you’re planning a visit. The following is a list of road closures for Halloween night in Salem, October 2018.
“Haunted Happenings 2018 ~ Halloween Night Only Street Closing Schedule — SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!
The following streets will be closed to vehicle traffic roughly at 5:00 PM, (could be sooner, depending on crowd volume)* on October 31, 2018:
- Washington Street closed from New Derby Street to Bridge Street
- Essex Street closed from Barton Square to Union Street
- Derby Street closed between Lafayette Street and Congress Street
- Brown Street closed at New Liberty Street and at Howard Street
- Lafayette Street closed between Derby Street and Front Street
- Hawthorne Boulevard closed from Derby Street to Essex Street
- Washington Sq. West and Washington Sq. South closed
- Washington Sq. North closed from Winter Street to Brown Street (Route 1A)
- Winter Street closed at Bridge Street
- Williams Street closed at Bridge Street
Additional Street closings during finale concert & fireworks at 10:00 PM:
- Washington Street closes to traffic
- Bridge Street closes to traffic between the westerly overpass ramps and the Bypass Road
- Franklin Street closes to traffic between North Street and Orchard Street
- Incoming northbound Bridge Street traffic will be diverted up the westerly ramps to North Street. The Bypass Road inbound traffic from Beverly will be diverted back to Bridge Street and back towards Beverly. Incoming southbound traffic from Bridge Street will be detoured to the Bypass road and back to Beverly.
Posted Tow Zones from 8:00AM to Midnight
- Hawthorne Boulevard from Essex Street to Charter Street (northbound side of the street)
Posted Tow Zones from Noon to Midnight
- Lafayette Street – both sides between Front Street and Derby Street
- Public parking lot located along Front Street
- Public parking spaces located on Central Street in front of old police station
- Essex Street between Liberty Street and Hawthorne Boulevard
- Derby Street both sides from Lafayette Street to Congress Street
- Hawthorne Boulevard from Derby Street to Washington Square
- Franklin Street both sides from North Street to Orchard Street
- Federal Street both sides between Washington Street and North Street
- Front Street both sides
- Washington Street both sides from New Derby Street to Church Street
- Washington Street both sides from Church Street to Bridge Street
- Central Street both sides
- Washington Square North, South, and West – both sides
*Streets could be closed at anytime before or after 5:00 PM – Other streets could be closed or opened depending on special circumstances.
For more information contact: Salem Police Department Traffic Division 978-744-0171″
Be safe everyone and enjoy!! <3