I started this little series last year, reviewing different locations around the North Shore and we’re back today with another one! Especially during the fall I get tons of messages and emails that sound something like “I wanted to stay in Salem, but all of the hotels are booked. What can I do?” and I wanted to find a way to help.
Please note some of the following links may be affiliate links. This means if you click through and make a purchase, I will receive a commission from that sale at no additional cost to you. This is a simple, easy way you can support me in what I do here and allow me to continue bringing you reviews and Salem good times. Please also note this review is not in collaboration with the Red Roof at all. All images are copyright Things to do in Salem and may not be used without permission.
In July of 2018 I stayed for the weekend at the Emerson Inn in Rockport and today I wanted to chat about the Red Roof Inn in Saugus which is part of the greater Boston area. The Emerson is definitely nicer, being a gorgeous historic location and all, so I wanted to pick an option that is a little more budget friendly. A lot of people have the mindset of “I’m only going to sleep there at night, so why am I going for fancy?”. The rates at the Red Roof Inn can hop around from really affordable (around $70/night) to kinda getting a little high ($180/night) so be sure to pay attention to that.
The room I stayed in, pictured in the following images I took, is a superior king room which means it has one large king sized bed. You can also book rooms that have two full sized beds or a suite which has a connecting sitting area with a table and chairs. I am only able to comment on the quality of my stay at this Red Roof Inn, not the others, of course.
- You can get really affordable rates if you’re keeping an eye on it
- It’s located on Broadway which is home to tons and tons of businesses, restaurants and more.
- Free parking with a pretty good sized parking lot
- The wi-fi is decent and free
- If you book one of the “superior” rooms with one large bed instead of two, the works pace is pretty big. As someone who works on the go a lot, I definitely appreciate this.
- The rooms have always been clean every time I have stayed, never had a problem with that
- Huge curtains that block out the light really well
- Smoke free
- Pet friendly
- About twenty minutes from Boston Logan International Airport
- Easy to explore Boston which is gorgeous if you have time. The hotel is about 10 or 11 miles from Boston’s city center
- Due to the hotel being on Broadway, the road noise can be a factor. If you’re someone who needs absolute silence, you might want to keep that in mind. I have never experienced noise from other guests or anything, it’s just from being on a really busy road.
- Pulling out of the driveway into the busy traffic on Broadway can be a little intense. Make sure you’re paying close attention because the cars are coming at almost highway speeds over a hill/curve. Be careful!
- This hotel is definitely going to be easier for someone who has a car with them. Trying to walk somewhere from the hotel isn’t going to be very safe because of the traffic on the main road. I would suggest renting a car or booking an Uber or Lyft.
- The rates can get sort of high, as previously mentioned, so be sure to keep an eye as you approach your travel time frame.
Getting from the hotel to Salem
The Red Roof Inn is about a 25-ish minute ride from Salem. If you have a car, you can pretty easily make this drive and it’s mostly highway. If you don’t have a car you can book a ride with Uber or Lyft really easily and then you won’t have to worry about parking in Salem. We all know that can be a struggle, especially in the fall.
If you don’t want to ride into Salem you could book Uber or Lyft to get to a train station, however the hotel isn’t that far to begin with. I personally wouldn’t bother going from a ride to the train to Salem. I would just book a car and go right into the witch city. To each their own, but that’s my personal thoughts on it.
Some simple logistics and info
- The Red Roof Inn Boston Logan is located at 920 Broadway Saugus, MA 01906. The phone number is 781-941-1400.
- To check availability at this hotel, click here.
- To view other accommodations in and around Salem, click here.
- To view other hotels near Boston Logan airport, click here.
I hope this info helped. Enjoy!! <3 Have an awesome visit to Boston and Salem.
If you’re a Salem based or North Shore based business and are interested in working with me, click here for information. My media kit can be found here and please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended reading | You might also like…
- Booking a last minute hotel room in Salem in October
- Five tips on choosing your hotel in Salem, MA
- Blog Series: When Salem is booked up — The Emerson Inn Rockport, MA
- Which Salem, MA hotels have parking?
- Tips for finding cheap flights to Boston, MA