*ETA 8/21/19 — The Lit Festival for 2019 is now September 20-22. This year’s schedule can be found HERE. – Alyse*
I love how much of a community Salem fosters for creativity and the arts. As a creative person myself it makes me super happy to see it all around the city. Check out the details of this year’s Lit Fest, happening in September. Info is per the festival’s website.
“Now presented by the Salem Athenaeum, the Salem Literary Festival was founded by Beth Simpson in 2008 as an extension of the events she created for the now defunct Cornerstone Bookstore. Since then, the Salem Lit Fest has grown to include hundreds of attendees, scores of volunteers, and dozens of authors.
In 2014, the festival joined forces with New York Times bestselling author Brunonia Barry and her organization, Readers and Writers, Inc. The LitFest was held at historic venues in and around Salem that unite authors and book lovers. In 2016, the baton was passed by Bru to longtime LitFest partner, the Salem Athenaeum, which presented the 2017 festival in June. The Salem Lit Fest aims to inspire and promote literacy and a love of books and reading through programming featuring both contemporary authors and engagement with classic works of literature.
- 16 Authors
- Author readings, panels, and talks.
- Tabernacle Church, 50 Washington Street, Salem MA
- September 20 and 21, 2019
- General admission to author readings and family programming and activities is free and open to the public. Reserved seating is available to Individual Patrons and Corporate Sponsors.”
This year’s Festival happens on September 20 and 21, 2019. Enjoy!! <3
Recommended reading | You might also like…
- Five ways to participate in National Novel Writing Month around Salem, MA
- Enduring Hawthorne: A Marathon Reading of “The House of the Seven Gables” — July 7, 2019
- Ten places to inspire creativity around Salem, MA