There is always something to do in Salem, however today I wanted to do something different. I decided to create my own challenge of sorts, for those of you who are visiting the witch city and want a little photo adventure!! The following is a list of ten places to snap a picture in Salem. I purposely chose places that don’t require money, so you can do this challenge without spending anything at all if you don’t want.
This is how it works…
- You don’t need to be in the picture if you don’t want, but that’s entirely up to you.
- Use the hashtag #witchcitypixchallenge in your images so I can find them and tag me @thingstodoinsalem
- Those who complete the entire thing will be given a shout out on my Instagram account. In order to indicate to me that you completed it, send me a DM on Instagram and let me know. Make sure the images are on your account and your account is public.
- I may do a giveaway for those who finish the whole thing, but that is to be decided. Check back for future details on that if you’re interested.
Ready? Here we go!
- The Bewitched/Samantha statue
- A home with a Historic Salem house plaque
HS website for reference if you aren’t sure what they look like.
- The Heritage Trail
Anywhere along the trail is fine as long as it’s in the image. Aren’t sure what that is? Click here.
- The Salem Trolley
This could be either of the Trolley around town or while you’re on it. Either is fine, there is no obligation to buy a ticket and get on board if you don’t want.
- The eagle on top of The Custom House
- Any of the Hocus Pocus filming locations
Click here to see where they are if you aren’t sure.
- The Hawthorne Hotel taken from the Salem Common
- The statue of Roger Conant
- A graveyard marker from the Witch Trials Memorial at the Old Burying Point
Please be sure to be respectful.
- Street art
This could be pieces from the Punto Urban Art Museum, sidewalk art, Mural Slam…anything that is public/street art counts.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. Have fun!! <3