The fall is the most popular time to come into Salem, of course. However, what about the other seasons? Today on the blog I wanted to do a little comparison and weigh in on the summer or the winter. If I had to plan a visit during one of those two seasons, which would it be?
Salem in the summer – Pros
- Warmer weather means lighter clothing, etc. Easier to walk around Salem
- The Salem Arts Festival
- Outdoor activities such as Salem’s parks, sailing on the water, the trolley with the windows open etc.
- Outdoor seating at restaurants
- Live music outdoors, summer concert series
- The Salem Flea and outdoor markets, Farmers’ Market
- The gardens at the House of the Seven Gables and the Ropes Mansion are in bloom
- Winter Island drive in movies
Salem in the summer – Cons
- Hot and muggy weather
- More crowded as the weather gets warmer and more conducive to walking around
Salem in the winter – Pros
- Less crowded, little to no lines
- The Salem’s So Sweet Festival
- Holiday lights and decor, tree lighting, Santa’s arrival, etc.
- Christmas in Salem tour
- Less expensive to visit because it’s more “off season”
Salem in the winter – Cons
- Cold, potential for winter storms and snow, business closures due to weather
- Less seasonal activities
- Some businesses close for the colder months or off months
So which would I chose? The winter!! A snowy and quiet Salem is so beautiful, I love the lights, the vibe and especially the Salem’s So Sweet Festival. What about you? Which would you go for? Comment below with your vote.