Salem is only about two and a half hours of a ride from me (though it will be much, much closer in the future…) and when the Salem’s So Sweet festival rolled around, I knew I’d be in town. Not like I need much of an excuse to go into the witch city…I’ll literally take any. 😛 Anyways, being overdue for a trip and deciding I wanted to take pictures of the ice sculptures was enough to prompt me to book a hotel room and load up with gear.
Let me tell you, I am so sore right now. Walking through slush and ice on the streets for hours while freezing my butt off was rough, but worth it. Every time I remembered where I was I smiled.
So, for those of you who opted to stay inside in the warmth of your homes, here are some pictures of the ice sculptures. There are only a handful (appx four?) I wasn’t able to get pictures of either because I couldn’t get to that location or because the ice sculpture wasn’t there. A few of the businesses had deliveries that didn’t make it today (!!) and one of them broke en route. The sculpture sponsored by Gulu-Gulu cafe and Flying Saucer Pizza was supposed to be of Hans Solo but I heard from another local business that it broken en route, which is really unfortunate.
So without further delay, here we go. I am going to go in order of the pamphlet/map which has them numbered. The skips in numbers are because of ones I was unable to make it to, as mentioned above.
(1) Globe — Sponsored by The Journeymasters
(3) Snowflake — Sponsored by Laura Lanes Skin Care
(4) Opening of Sophia Gordon Center — Sponsored by Salem State University
(5) Rockafellas Ice Bar — Sponsored by Rockafellas
(6) Champagne — Sponsored by Adriatic Restaurant and Bar
(7) Reflections — Sponsored by Creative Salem, Hawthorne Hotel and Retonica)
(8) Cinderella’s Carriage — Sponsored by Maria’s Sweet Somethings
(9) Fish — Sponsored by KOTO
(11) Bella the Goat — Sponsored by Bella Research Group
(13) Salem Film Fest 2017 — Sponsored by Salem Film Fest
(14) Steampunk Heart — Sponsored by Emporium 32, Modern Millie, Pamplemousse, Salem Trolley and The Salem Trolley Depot
(16) Red Stiletto with Honda Engine by David Crow — Sponsored by Peabody Essex Museum
(18) Ruby Slippers — Sponsored by Salem Witch Museum
(20) St. Jean’s Sweet Savings — Sponsored by St. Jean’s Credit Union
(Please note, this image below isn’t out of focus, it’s the writing of the bank inside the ice that makes it look blurred.)
(21) Queen of Hearts — Sponsored by Jolie Tea Company
(22) Mug — Sponsored by Notch Brewery and Taproom
(23/24) Waterfront Hotel — Sponsored by Salem Waterfront Hotel and Suites
(Again, please note this image isn’t blurry. The company logo/writing is just deep under the ice at the top which makes it look a bit blurred in that area.)
(25) Rumson’s Rum — Sponsored by Pirate Dog Brand LLC/Rumson’s Rum
(26) Candy — Sponsored by The House of the Seven Gables and Ye Olde Pepper Companie
#salem #salemma #thingstodoinsalem #salemssosweet #salemssosweet2017 #thewitchcity #witchcityguide #thejourneymasterssalem #gulugulucafesalem #flyingsaucerpizzasalem #lauralanesskincaresalem #salemstateuniversity #salemstate #rockafellas #rockafellassalem #adriaticsalem #creativesalem #hawthornehotel #hawthornesalem #mariassweetsomethingssalem #kotosalem #bellaresearchgroupsalem #salemfilmfest #emporium32salem #modernmilliesalem #pamplemoussesalem #salemtrolley #salemtrolleydepot #peabodyessexmuseum #salemwitchmuseum #stjeanscreditunionsalem #jolieteacosalem #notchbrewerysalem #salemwaterfronthotel #salemwaterfronthotelandsuites #piratedogbrand #rumsonrum #rumsonsalem #thehouseofsevengables #yeoldepeppercosalem