Please note this blog post may contain affiliate links. To read more about that, click here.
Oh my goodness…an event based blog post!? What the heck is this? 😛 I know it has been a minute since I have shared an event post…we can all thank COVID-19 for that. Now that 2021 is here I will be sharing event info again as it becomes available. Please keep in mind that if you’re traveling into Salem from another state, travel bans and restrictions may apply so be sure to keep up to date on that information.
Salem’s So Sweet 2021
The Salem’s So Sweet festival is one of my favorites all year. 2021 will look a little different, but this is what we know for now. These details are per Salem Main Streets which is the organization behind the event.
“Salem Main Streets and the Salem Chamber are moving forward with Salem’s So Sweet 2021! Things are obviously going to be very different this year, and many things could change between now and February. We remain committed to supporting our local businesses in whatever fashion we can, and encouraging safe ways for our residents to remain connected to our downtown. Here are the important things to know:
- We have expanded the timeline of the festival to run two full weeks (February 1 – 14), including two weekends. The first weekend of Feb. 6 & 7 will reflect our usual SWEET programming (ice sculptures and illumination), while the second weekend of Feb. 13 & 14 will HEAT things up with warming stations and an emphasis on spicy as well as sweet.
- In place of the Golden Ticket and brochure, we are opting for a punched post card and contest similar to the Stay Local Salem campaign we have implemented for the holidays. Much like the Stay Local campaign, customers will get their postcard punched by participating Salem businesses to be eligible for rewards. Takeout, curbside pickup, online ordering, etc. will be highly encouraged.
- There will be no chocolate & wine event this year. Instead we will be heavily promoting takeout options from participating restaurants over the course of the two weeks.
We thank you in advance for understanding how flexible things must be this year, and for joining us in celebrating our downtown in the safest ways possible. More details to come over the course of the next month, stay tuned!”
Travel into Salem, MA
If you are travelling into Salem for this event, the following links are for you:
- Which Salem, MA hotels have parking?
- Parking in Salem, MA — Five quick tips if you’re taking the car
- The best hotels to book in Salem, MA — My top three picks
Need a place to stay?
The following widgets can help you find a hotel or Airbnb in Salem, MA.
I hope this helped! Enjoy your visit and everyone be safe. <3